Monday, March 9, 2009

Kaydon Elijah Vieregge - 3/6/09

Well..he's here!
We went into the hospital Thursday night at 7pm. Had the cervadil put in to help me dilate and thin out..but then an hour or so later around 11:15 my water broke! So they had to take the cervadil out. Contractions were a booger. OUCHIE!! I ended up having a really bad one and threw up after it (nice right). So the nurse came in and asked me why I waiting on pain meds (they knew I wanted the epi). I was like...um...no one has said anything about them but I'll take them now...hello! So she checked to see what I was dilated to and I was at 3cm, enough for the epi! So around 3am I got the epidural and was in HEAVEN! I woke up Friday morning and they checked me, was at 5cm...They ended up still giving me pitocin around 8 or 9am Friday morning to make the contractions get closer together. I reached 10cm by 11am or so on Friday morning....and had to wait a bit for the baby to move down farther. I started pushing at 1:30 and had Kaydon at 2:26!!

The delivery was amazing, painless, and easy. I was up walking friday night...after the numbness went away...it has all been great.

Kaydon was born at 2:26pm on Friday 3/6/09

He was 7lbs 3oz and 20 1/2 inches long.

He's beautiful and perfect in every way. We are so blessed.

Now we are just getting used to life with a baby...the first night at home was rough, not getting sleep and all...but hopefully tonight will be just a bit better! I am optimistic :-)

Check out some pics from his birthday and the few days we stayed in the hospital after.





No comments:

Post a Comment